Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stupid Traveler Makes Airport Security Guffaw

It's 3 am and I'm in the Singapore airport, and I'm getting ready to fly to LA. So I go through security (the first part) and the screener says (incredulously) "Do you have a bottle of liquor in your bag?"

"Yes" I say. "I'm allowed to bring back one bottle of wine, right?"

Well, dumb-ass me--I've got my gels and liquids of less than 3 oz in my ziplock bag--did it EVER OCCUR TO ME that a bottle of champagne for my mom just might fall into that "Liquids/Gels" category? NO, IT DID NOT. What an idiot I am.

Now I'm going to go through the next checkpoint, and they are going to take it away from me, and I'm going to be the "Stupid American" who tried to bring a bottle of champagne through security.

I am so embarrassed.

Do you suppose they'll all point at me and just laugh out loud?

To be continued....

No comments: