Monday, February 1, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yesterday, Bill came home from work and we had breakfast together at the hotel buffet. We were going to head over to the World's Largest Ferris Wheel, but ran into two of his shipmates in the elevator, JoJo and Shawn, and decided to share a cab to Little India instead. Bill and I wandered through the streets and shops, making our way to Mustafa's, the Singapore equivalent of Super Wal-mart. Five stories high, 2 city blocks square, you can buy groceries, a car, or anything in between. I got a much-needed wristwatch, and a few surprises for the folks back home.

We then took the MRT to still another shopping centre in Clarke Quay (pronounced "Key"), had lunch and then walked back to the hotel along the river. Bill slept while I threw our laundry into the washers and took a delightful swim in the pool while the clothes did their thing.

I actually managed to sleep until 5 am this morning.

In a few minutes, I will take a cab to City Hall and meet up with my tour group for immersion into the history of the British Colonial period in Singapore. I feel a bit like a pack-mule: Bottles of water, umbrella, insect repellent, hat, etc.

No comments: