Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting Ready to Go Again

No sooner do we return home with our dirty laundry, it's time to get ready to leave again. Bill is (tentatively--always tentatively) scheduled to fly to Singapore on January 11. We still don't know if the ship is actually going to dry dock, or just rumored to be headed that way.

In the meantime, I have an intense desire to see my children. Juli was in the hospital again, this time for 3 days over Christmas. I haven't heard from Alex, and I'm starting to worry about them both. So my plan is to drive to Lexington, KY to Cousin Jean's and leave my car there for the duration. She will take me to Louisville and I'll fly to Seattle on the 19th. Then to Long Beach, CA on the 26th. If the Singapore thing is a go, I will then fly from LAX to Seoul and Singapore on the 27th, arriving on the 29th.

The return to LA will probably be on Feb 10. I'm still trying to figure out my return to Louisville and then home, probably on March 2nd. That gets me back to work on March 4.

I am looking forward to spending February in the Land of 70 Degrees. There will be friends to see and old stomping grounds to explore. And time, that precious commodity, with Mom.

March will be be my Merry Medical Month. A final CT lung scan. Oncology checkup. GYN annual. Bone density scan. And then there's taxes to be done. It will be a busy homecoming. Busy will have to be my watchword this year. Bill's promotion to First Engineer requires that he "get into the rotation" of four months on and four months off with the other Firsts--which means that he won't be home until the end of July at the earliest. It will be a long 7-8 months for both of us. but then he will be home for at least the next four months.

It's very strange to be planning out most of the coming year, three days into 2010. I've given up on the concept of resolutions, so plotting out the calendar will have to suffice.

No comments: