Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Next Stop: LA

It's been a great visit with the kidlets and their friends. Today, stuffed baggage on wheels, I will take the bus to the train station, take the train to the airport, and take the plane to Southern California.

I will spend the night with my mom, then take the shuttle to LAX in the morning. Then, after all that running around, I shall plunk my bottom in a seat and hang on for the next 11 hours to Tokyo. I get a 90-minute layover in Narita airport, then another 8 hours to Singapore. I can't even imagine at this point how crazy-tired and disoriented I will be when I land at 1 am on Friday.

But this is what it takes to be an international traveler, I suppose. I've got books, knitting, and a puzzle magazine to keep my mind occupied, and plenty of ibuprofen to keep my body from seizing up.

The next time I write, I will be literally half-way around the globe. Awesome!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Hope my jet-set friend is having a blast! Have fun with your hubby!

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Mind boggling, simply mind boggling!!!!!!