Friday, December 18, 2009

Off to the Big City

Bill made it home safely late last night. Now it's time to get up and do it again. I've decided I need a trip to the traffic and bustle of the big city to let me appreciate my sleepy, small town life. So we're going to Knoxville together--Bill to get his shots, me to knit and enjoy his company. He's done enough driving in the last few days.

I think the rush of eBay buyers has finally subsided to a few auctions per day. Those who have planned ahead have made their purchases. This week, I'll cater to the procrastinators. And the week after Christmas will be the wives who got "get what you want off eBay" from their husbands and the people who received money to spend on themselves. I'll probably shut down the operation when Bill goes to Singapore and take a vacation from auction madness for awhile.

This period of time feels like limbo. Waiting for Christmas, waiting for the trip to Illinois for the service, waiting for Bill to leave, waiting to buy my ticket and go too. There is plenty of planning to be done, but until the waiting time is over, nothing can be done.

No comments: