Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

I feel a bit bad about letting Christmas take a back seat to the arrangements for Anne's service on Sunday. Our Christmas Day will be spent driving up to Illinois--but maybe we can find some carols on the radio, and give our time over to a little laughter and cheer in spite of it.

This morning Bill has to go back to Johnson City to have his TB skin test looked at and pronounced benign. You'd think in this era we'd be able to take a digital picture and email it to them, but that has apparently not been thought of yet. Or maybe they think we'd photoshop the image? It's an annoyance.

I will do laundry and pack bags, and gather up all the stuff we need to take with us. I am amazed that I got all my errands done yesterday, and even got my tooth patched. The dentist didn't even have to numb me up, and the whole thing took less than 20 minutes.

The car damage is almost $5,600, but the insurance will take care of it on the offending driver's policy. We're slated for January 4 for that project.

Yesterday, the Malinois inspector deemed us worthy pet-parents, so we will be pre-approved for an adoption when I get back from the Orient. If that's what we decide to do. Sometimes, fate intervenes. Maybe the right dog will just appear when we're ready.

This time right now is bittersweet. Mom's passing, while a relief and a blessing, puts a damper on our spirits. It's another reminder that time is fleeting, and seizing joy wherever one can find it is imperative.

Happy Christmas to all.

No comments: