Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More Details...

It seems as though all these days now are too busy. We still haven't figured out when we are leaving to go to Illinois, but in the meantime, here are some of the things on my list for today:

Order food trays for post-service reception
Download photos and print them for the picture board
Set up appointment for us with the lawyer
Make motel reservations
Take the Hyundai to the body shop for an estimate
Pay Bill's union dues before the end of the year
Find someone in Jacksonville to buy potted plants
Start packing clothes and stuff to take to Illinois
Go to work

Yesterday, Bill went all the way to Johnson City for his DOT drug test and TB skin test. I went to the Hyundai dealer, Office Max for art supplies for the photo board, Fedex to drop off packages, the hardware store to return a door closer, the pharmacy to pick up scripts, gas station, and Walmart. Then home to bake biscotti, deal with a no-heat problem at one of the rental houses and fix dinner.

My idea yesterday was to use potted plants instead of cut flowers at the memorial service, as the variety of "casual" flowers is limited this time of year. Anne was also not a stuffy person. Having big formal arrangements of cut flowers, cloying sprays of roses, etc., just wouldn't do. I'm not sure if I should do that myself when I get to Jacksonville, or delegate someone there to do that.

Bill's idea was to offer Pease's candy party squares (his mom's Christmas favorite) at the reception for family and friends. She used to send boxes of the precious treat, kind of a creamy bark-type candy with bits of hard crunchy candy imbedded in it, to us. A visit to their website and a call to Springfield led to the disappointing news that they "stopped making those" about a year ago. Rats.

Tomorrow, Bill has to go back to Johnson City to get his TB test read. The Dog Inspector, Dianna, is coming at noon. I have an appointment to get my broken molar fixed at 2:30. I plan on spending the evening making the picture board with photos of my mother-in-law.

I'm feeling a little stressed with all the details -- the ones I know about, and the ones I haven't even thought of yet...

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Good Grief - I feel for you!!!! My schedule about makes me sick sometimes and then looking at yours - well that's double stress - whew - that's all I can say, girlfriend!!!! Take a day at a time and sleep good at night!!!!

L, M ;-)