Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Turn off the A/C--Autumn Arrives!

Sunday, after the big two-day rainstorm, we turned off the heat pump and threw open the windows. We let the fall breezes air out the house, listened to the leaves rattle around on the driveway, and breathed a sigh of relief! Summer's sweltering heat is over. Autumn is here!

I love living in Tennessee, where the seasons come in almost perfect three-month chunks. Just about the time I am completely tired of winter, spring comes roaring in with its greenery and blooming trees. When I think I can't stand another day of hot-humid summer, fall arrives. When I'm bored with the world turning brown, it snows. Perfect!

Football. Brightly-colored hillsides. Stew and chili and apple pie. Homemade soup and bread. Crisp, cold air. Snuggling under the quilt. I don't know anyone who doesn't like autumn.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

If they don't like autumn...they oughta be shot! lol