Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rainy Labor Day Weekend

Not much to report at the family compound over the weekend. We spent a quiet few days doing chores between the rain showers. Bill is working mightily on defoliating the overgrowth of summer, which I have successfully ignored up to this point. He's clearing paths, cleaning leaves out of gutters, mowing grass, whacking weeds...and sneezing.

I've been cooking and cleaning and knitting, catching up on my recorded shows in between Bill's history, guns and motorcycle recordings. I sold and packed up auctions. I tried to fix my failing AeroGrow hydroponic pump and ended up breaking it completely--they are sending another one, no charge. In the meantime, I'm keeping the lettuce seedlings alive with a turkey baster. I dug up the raised bed and planted potatoes.

Today is Tuesday, and the sun is out. Time for more outdoor fun.

No comments: