Thursday, September 3, 2009

Homecoming Rhythms

My semi-alert husband has only been home for 36 hours, but he's started a list. It is so nice to have someone around here who sees things that need to be done that I don't even notice or have no motivation to do myself. He has begun whacking down the overgrowth in the yard, makes me laugh out loud with his stories, and eats my meals with enthusiastic appreciation.

We are settling into our comfortable married life again. I forget so many things about life with this man when he's gone! Yes, the History Channel is now the default background noise, complete with Wagner and Beethoven musical scores and the sound of WWI airplane dogfights. He turns switches off that I usually leave on and leaves lights on that I go around and flip back off. Three squares must be prepared on a shipboard schedule. I have to remember to close the bathroom door. He stays up late and I get up early.

I now wake up with thoughts of meal planning (I think this is how I gained so much weight last spring). Today I will harvest my eggplants and make a vegetarian dinner tonight. Eggplant is one of the few meatless meals Bill enjoys. The fact that I grew them myself delights me.

Tomatoes and peppers will also be featured in the near future:




Today we will work on unclogging the dog hair from the washing machine outlet hose and assembling the new barbeque--leaving plenty of time for viewing Hitler's Favorite Recipes and the twenty-thousandth Red Baron biography on the History Channel.



No comments: