Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bill & Bud's Excellent Adventure

Bill and his dad arrived late last night, just as I was getting ready for bed. The news from St. Louis is good--dad's cancer is in a temporary hiatus, and the doctors believe he can discontinue chemotherapy for the time being. They are quick to say he can resume anytime, but for now, Dad is enjoying life without the debilitating side effects that were making him so miserable.

Bud will stay with us for a few days until he decides to go home. He's a rambling man, and never stays in one place very long. He's sleeping on the couch on the main level, because he doesn't trust his numb feet on the narrow stairs to the loft.

I continue my work adventure. Yesterday was okay, but I found myself on information overload, and pretty much forgot everything I learned the first two days. It is also very hot--the budget doesn't allow truly comfortable A/C (the director keeps the temp at 78), so I am wardrobe-challenged. I keep dressing lighter and lighter each day, but I come home as sweaty as if I have been working out at the gym.

My only hope for winter is that the director will be just as frugal with the heat as she is with the cooling in the summer. If she keeps the library at 68 or below, I might be able to make it through the day without being in a constant overheated hot flash.

No comments: