Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my 56th birthday, and I get...a big red nose!

I have a pimple the size of Ohio, right on the very tip of my schnoz. I look like a circus clown. It feels like it's taking up the entirety of my visage. It stretches from ear-to-ear. It is a reminder that no matter how old I get, I still enjoy the blessings of youth...in the form of acne.

Swell.

Perhaps I will just go back to bed and ponder the profundity of my middle-aged wisdom, matched up with the biggest zit on the planet, landing on my honker in the night.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Isn't it amazing how the wrong 'youthful' things are the ones that linger and as you said, just come up over night....I've already sent you birthday greetings, via email....but Happy Happy Happy again.
hmg

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Hope you had a wonderful day, even though..........;-)