Monday, June 22, 2009

What Price Green Beans?

I know I do go on (and on) about my "Magic Beans," but this is photographic proof of profligate bean production! I spent yesterday morning combing through the foliage for a kitchen sink half-full of these bad boys, then blanching and freezing 5 ziplock bags full.

Then I spent the afternoon and evening scratching myself silly from about 50 bug bites all over my body. Some of the bites are in really inconvenient places. If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was out there doing my farm work in my birthday suit. I was clothed, honest. They are not mosquito bites, but some kind of invisible insect that either bites through clothes or flies up pant legs and down shirt collars. Itch, itch.

Does this mean I need to slather myself with repellent before I get dressed? Deep Woods Off! is my usual summer eau de cologne, but this is ridiculous!

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

P,

You need some of that Avon Skin-So-Soft - and yes, they are practically invisible until they GET YA!!!!! Were they worth it? Just kidding - they look gorgeous!!!

L, M ;-)