Friday, June 5, 2009

Roadtrip Time!

I'm off for the dutiful-daughter-in-law visit today. My plan is to check in at Knitting Group, then hit Walmart for some last minute traveling needs, the bank, the post office, etc. Then back home to throw everything in the car (including Echo) and leave around 2 pm.

MaryAnn reminds me I must be patient--PATIENT!--with my father-in-law. I must leave my own ego on the shelf, and do this cheerfully and generously. I will try my best to step outside my world of self-absorption, and be NICE!

I will be out of touch for about a week, as computers are beyond the ken of the people I am visiting. Maybe I can sneak out to the public library to post sometime next week.

Even though this trip is not a happy anticipation or a vacation, I still have a little bit of excitement at getting on the road again. I do love to drive the roads of America, with my faithful and furry traveling companion.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

P,

It will all work out - just stay positive and realize that you are dealing with a cancer patient - go inside yourself for the right thing to say and do, knowing how it feels. You'll do fine, I know you will. If you need me, you know my #!!

Stay safe friend.

L, M :-)