Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunshine Optimism

Somehow, things always look better when I wake at 7 instead of 4:30. To awaken with clear sunshine streaming through the windows (but not so much sunshine that it's 9 or later), to hear the birds doing their birdie thing outside, to lie abed for a few moments anticipating what to do today is a powerfully positive feeling.

I don't think I could live in a place where gloom and overcast were the norm (Seattle?). Light affects my mood too much. I can stand a few down-days of rain, and enjoy the reprieve of curling up on the couch with a book for a day, but I live for my life in the sunshine. It makes me happy.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Funny - one of the blogs I read, the girl is in Seattle area and it had been warm and she kept asking where her clouds and rain were - ha ha. I was thinking today that I need a cloudy, rainy day.