Sunday, April 11, 2010

An Exploring Day

Now that my time here is short, I've decided to spend today in Pioneer Square. I've always wanted to take the Seattle Underground Tour, ever since I saw it on the old Night Stalker television series in the 1970s. Juli also informs me that the world's best toy store and a knit shop are also in the vicinity. Lunch will be at Grand Central Bakery, home of the world's greatest bread outside of Paris.

I can't believe it's almost time to go. Juli is doing so much better (not that we know yet why she gets intermittently, violently sick), working again, back to her cheerful, delightful self. She's put on a little weight, and gotten her confidence back. She has a good doctor, and medical insurance is coming July 1, due to Kerne's new job.

The bathroom is painted, the dishes and laundry are getting done and the bills are getting paid.

The real gift is the time we have had together. We are closer than ever, and I feel as though I have reconnected with my daughter after a long separation of time and distance.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Reconnection - the good in the bad!!!! All of the frightful bad things you all have been experiencing have blossomed into that wonderful reconnection - funny how things work.