Thursday, July 1, 2010

July brings cool weather?

It is a blessed 64 degrees out at 7 am this morning. What a relief! After 6 weeks of 90+ every day, today is predicted to get up to a manageable 84! And "only" 87 tomorrow.

If I didn't have to go to work, I'd be down at the pond picking blackberries. As it is, I have plenty to do. There are the usual first-of-the-month chores: Water softener maintenance, septic system maintenance, change the heat pump filters, check the UV water system, give the dog his monthly heartworm and tick preventative. Take my "bone-itis" meds.

Ray & Elaine are coming tonight, so I have to make up a bed for them, vacuum, put out fresh towels, clear off clutter from all the horizontal surfaces, think about what to cook for dinner, and move myself up to the loft for the duration of the visit.

And as soon as they leave on Monday, it will be time to get ready for Bill's return. He's slated to be relieved sometime between July 10-15.

Life is going to get busy.

No comments: