Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bill is finally coming home!

Barring any unforseen snafus, Bill will be home Monday night! Poor guy has to bus to Fukaoka, fly to Tokyo, then San Francisco (getting luggage, clearing customs, then re-checking luggage), then Atlanta, and finally Tri-Cities. I don't envy him those flights, but I sure will be glad to see him at last.

It's been a little lonely around here without Mr. Bounder. I keep thinking I need to take him out, or feed him or play with him. Then I remember that he's at peace now, and he doesn't have to be afraid anymore. It was an interesting experience having a dog who thought I was his whole world (despite the fact that he didn't like anyone else). I've never had a dog that was so affectionate, so grateful for attention, so playful and cuddly. Granted it was a "I'll eat you up, I love you so" kind of love. He was a character.

So once again, it's a swamp-out-the-mess kind of day. Laundry, de-cluttering and vacuuming. I picked a gallon of blackberries yesterday and I will make a nice pie for Bill's homecoming.

I also experimented with making chocolate swirl ice cream and fresh peach ice cream. The texture was a little off on the peach, a little too icy, I suspect because of the amount of water in the fruit. But the flavor was fabulous. I'm not a chocolate fan, but this tastes pretty good, with hot fudge sauce streaking through the lighter chocolate ice cream. I'm learning new tricks.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I know you will be glad to have 'your man' at home....at last! Enjoy your reunion...maybe it will rain for a couple of days and ya'll can just 'hold up' (as we say) and relax! Tell Bill "howdy" for me. I hope to get see him while he's home this time!