Monday, March 29, 2010

Success!

Juli cruised through her weekend at work without any significant problems! By changing the way she thinks about her anxiety at work and looking at it as an opportunity to desensitize herself to the way her body overreacts ("I'm getting paid to feel nervous!"), she was successful in devising her own version of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

I spent Saturday helping Alex's friends Robert and Raine move out of their apartment. While I can't lift heavy furniture, I can (and did) pack a plethora of boxes. When more helpers showed up after noon, I bowed out and went to the movies.

The household is running smoother now. Juli and I are trading off with dinner cooking, I've got everyone trained to do dishes and laundry before both turn into discouraging mountains, and the trash and recycling are being removed on a regular basis. Tyra has a job, Kerne is starting a new job with his old employer this week at higher pay, and Juli is back to work.

This week we are developing an easy and manageable budget system together. The most usurious creditors will be paid off, and they can start to get back on their financial feet again. It's nice to know that all the mistakes Bill and I have made in our fiscal life now have the benefit of helping them avoid the same pitfalls.

My job here is almost done.

No comments: