Monday, February 7, 2011

Murphy's Law

I go to the dentist regularly now. Back in my twenties, I thought I had no money to spend on dentists. I am paying for that decision now, thirty years later.

My dentist has mapped my entire mouth and come up with a plan. My insurance will only pay 50% of two crowns per year. So each year, we pick my two "worst" teeth and work on them. This year, I chose #14 and #15, mostly because they were right next to each other and we could get two done with one dose of local anesthetic. I have temps on them now, and the crowns should be back from the elf who is sculpting them sometime next week.

So of course this weekend I broke #31. There isn't a feeling in the world quite like chomping down on your sandwich, then feeling and hearing a giant CRUNCH that sends the brain two simultaneous messages: "WTF?" and "THAT'S MY TOOTH!"

So now I need a repair, and I've used up my insurance for the year.

Sigh.

No comments: