Monday, September 19, 2011

If you write it, they will come...

My email to the extended family about Bud's "anytime-now" prognosis has prompted reaction. I am so glad my sister-in-law Carolyn flew in yesterday. She and I immediately went over to see Dad, who was absolutely thrilled to see her.

Bud's sister-in-law Nadine called. The health of Bud's siblings prevents any of them from seeing their brother. Bob and Nadine live in California and Louise lives in St. Louis. Apparently, Louise "wants her music back," but I have not been able to help her with that--I never found it in all the paper in this house. Even if I had, she has no way to come and get it, and I'm not going back to St. Louis again on this trip.

Today, we are taking Bud's storage stuff out to Gail's, along with his little Focus. Carolyn will drive me back to town in her rental car. Denise is going to teach me how she orders Bud's Ensure from the VA, so I can arrange for them to start sending it to him at the nursing home. I need to check on the status of his application to Quincy Veterans' Home. I need to touch base with Vanessa for what the homeless shelter needs and when they will pick that up.

We made about $400 at the impromptu yard sale on Saturday. The big stuff is still here, and I have listed the remaining major pieces on Craigslist. Someone is coming to look at an amp today.

I have to call Amy the Hospice nurse today to arrange her visit tomorrow in the morning, so she can talk to Carolyn. Carolyn is leaving around 10 am to go back to Denver. I need to get to the bank today too. Bob and Shelley from Indianapolis will be coming on Tuesday afternoon.

Busy, Busy. But I can finally see that there is going to be an end to this project, probably at the end of this week.

No comments: