Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 6 - Still melting

Yesterday in Hats class, new friend Bonnie told me about her HVAC contractor after blanching at the price quoted for a new Heating & A/C unit. I called said contractor and gave him the salient details of what I had learned from my crash course on heat pumps from the internet: 2.5 ton, 13 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating), 9 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) and he quoted me a rough price of $4,000 instead of $5,000. Awesome.

He is coming today to look things over. In the Tennessee way of having to have a social conversation as part of any business conversation, we found out that we are mutual friends of Joe K., who did a fantastic job on the bathroom renovation.

This means of course, that all those boxes in the basement must be moved, in order to get to the furnace. Also, a hole will have to be cut in the wall that was built after the furnace was installed in 1996--the wall that has the 24" doorway that no old or new furnace can pass through. So, I have my work for the day--the day off that I was going to spend sweating, watching the NCIS marathon and knitting flowers for tomorrow's class.

Sigh.

At least I'm blogging! Two days in a row. This may be a trend.

No comments: